Boat Handling - Course
Boat Handling is a full course offered by the United States Power Squadrons, America’s Boating Club. It is the replacement for the recently retired Seamanship course. This online, self-study version consists of a comprehensive 250-page PDF Student Guide and six fully narrated online modules which present like classroom PowerPoint presentations but give the student total control of the pace and sequence of the slides.
- Rules of the Road: A Practical Approach
- Confidence in Docking and Undocking: Slow-Speed Maneuvering
- Boating with Confidence: Handling Your Boat Under Way
- Anchoring with Assurance: Don’t Get Carried Away
- Emergencies on Board: Preparation for Handling Common Problems
- Knots and Line Handling: Knots You Need to Know
In general, Boat Handling is taken after America’s Boating Course 3rd Edition and before Marine Navigation, although course completion sequence is left to the individual student.